Split Vs keep whole

BLACKTWANG13

Old School Hero
Hi all - is there a rule.of thumb regarding whether, financially, it is better to completely split a bike or keep whole to sell.
Also is it better, if splitting to group components ie groupset/drivetrain, wheels, frameset?

Many thanks, BT

Purely my own opinion but... sadly it's more profitable to split but its always the wrong thing to do. It is such a joy to get your hands on something complete and original

Agree entirely though ultimately it's being sold for 2 reasons equally; to give someone whoc(honestly) will ride and cherish it more than I, the pleasure of it bit also, to get the best possible return to ease a bit of financial strife with some left over for my next project

Re:

It’s yours to do what you want with. Whilst splitting can generate more cash, there’s a lot more work to do selling it and you usually end up with bits that nobody wants.

Re: Re:

JSH":n862bj3r said:
It’s yours to do what you want with. Whilst splitting can generate more cash, there’s a lot more work to do selling it and you usually end up with bits that nobody wants.
Thank you; pragmatic advice well received. I can see that splitting, let alone selling such a lovely bike could be seen as 'wrong' and I can empathise to be honest.
Last question...will I certainly be better off selling in May than advertising now?

Many thanks

Back