Help indentified This Racing bike

Izak

Dirt Disciple
I Found the frame and refurbish and rebuilt a racing bike. It was unindentified for last 3 Month. I Need to confirm that this bike is . 1970s Motobecane Grand Record with Professional Nervex lugs . 531 Tubing.( Refer to Origami night lamp 1970 Motobecane Grand Record. The frame and lugs is same as mine.
DSCF3149_zps2h4xgegd.jpg.html
http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/izak18/media/DSCF3149_zps2h4xgegd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=22http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/izak18/media/DSCF3149_zps2h4xgegd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=22

Early 50s is a starting point, as it looks like it has the earlier Nervex Pro lugs with the central horns rather than the fish tail.

Look for a number on the rear dropout, seat cluster, steerer or stamped in the BB shell. Have a root through the frame builders section of Classic Lightweights to see if you can id it from the frame number. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any distinguishing features that would identify it as a particular builder.

Are the bottom bracket threads French size? I would imagine a Motobecane of this era would be?

Re:

The frame has an early 50's appearance, perhaps some sharp close ups of the details might help.

If the seat tube is 1 1/8 inches outside, the diameter of the inside might help identify whether it is 531 or a light drawn tube.

Keith

Re: Id my Racing bike

The frame was found with rear derailleur Suntour VX. Front Golden Arrow and Clamp on shifters . At Bottom simplex Cable holder to change gears. Brake calibers Weinmann centre pull. Attached a Closer Photo. I do find it hard to post photos.
DSCF3149_zps2h4xgegd.jpg
[/url][/img]

Re: Re:

keithglos":3ljbvqja said:
The frame has an early 50's appearance, perhaps some sharp close ups of the details might help.

If the seat tube is 1 1/8 inches outside, the diameter of the inside might help identify whether it is 531 or a light drawn tube.

Keith
Hi. The saddle post is 26.4. Measurement from outside diameter 32 mm.Thank you Izak

Latest posts

Back