Frame refinishing - Argos Cycles

fignonFlyer

Dirt Disciple
Hi has anyone used Argos Cycles in Bristol to refinish a frame recently. I had 2 frames refinished there in the 80’s and they were first rate, but alas that was 30 years ago and bet whoever had painted my frames has retired. I know it’s moved since then, probably had to for the redevelopment around the @Bristol area.
I know there are others like Mercian, Bob Jackson etc but Bristol is reasonably close and I go there quite often so could deliver and collect

I've used them a number of times most noticeably on my Yeti (see signature) and like countless others on here I cannot speak highly enough of Mark and Gary

Go and see them you won't be disappointed.

Their work is still exceptionally nice, but my experience of it is that the paint is a little on the soft side.

They're on an industrial estate in St Annes, have been for as long as I can remember.

Cheers, I’ve still got one of mine that was repainted and it still looks good. Place was in Cannon or Cannons Street was a short walk from the coach depot back in the day

Re:

They are fantastic & have done this frame for me
https://www.iancammish.co.uk/nobs-pink-every

Fantastic! I haven't seen any of those bonkers "L" shaped cranks for a while. I used to see them occasionally at time trials back in the 80s along with a good amount of drillium; fair enough on chainrings and derailleur cages, on handlebar stems and seat posts - terrifying. :D

Re: Re:

xerxes":1vajlpw7 said:
They are fantastic & have done this frame for me
https://www.iancammish.co.uk/nobs-pink-every

Fantastic! I haven't seen any of those bonkers "L" shaped cranks for a while. I used to see them occasionally at time trials back in the 80s along with a good amount of drillium; fair enough on chainrings and derailleur cages, on handlebar stems and seat posts - terrifying. :D

Those cranks are the actual ones the great Lord Cammish used on his record breaking rides as the left is cracked.

I have 3 sets total & 177.5's which are rare.

Re:

Thanks all.
It came up in conversation today in my LBS, that a lad that raced back when I was racing, has had a couple of frames refinished at Argos recently, so i’m trying to track him down and see them in the flesh, or the Steel :LOL:

Back