oddly specific photo request (chrome fork related)

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i'm considering a straight-leg chrome fork for a frame I have but i'm a bit undecided about how it will look (all my other frames have curved forks)

so what i'm after is a few pics of 80s onwards frames in solid colours with straight-legged chrome forks

Cheers!

Keir

Any good?

file.php

A bid chromey to be 'solid colour' but here it is anyway:

All the best,

Attachments

• scan0067.jpg
    scan0067.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 964
danson67":32zwj8vg said:
A bid chromey to be 'solid colour' but here it is anyway:

All the best,

despite the extra chrome, that's really helpful - it's quite close to the colour of the frame i'm dealing with

W0YQwy3.jpg

Sadly some idiot (me...) powdercoated the aprebic alloy fork without considering what it might do to the bonded joint

I'm thinking a chrome fork and a chrome-effect chainstay protector might look really good...

Re:

Here's a not brilliant photo with chrome and stainless steel (but looks similar to chrome).

The Gazelle is 731os with straight stainless steel forks and stays. The Peugeot is 753 with chromed forks and part of the stays. The advice from Reynolds was that 753 shouldn't be chromed but there are many old Peugeots still going strong.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 753 and 731 (1).jpg
    753 and 731 (1).jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 945
i bought one of the aliexpress forks

DsFyXan.jpg

it feels like a well made thing, tickles the scales under 800g too. Not bad for £36. took a couple of weeks to arrive

Back