RBotM OCTOBER 2017 - OPEN MONTH - NOMINATIONS OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM October 2017 -
This month is an open to all month so any retro road, path or track, generally non mtb, is eligible for entry. The only exception being is that if the machine has previously won RBotM, then it cannot be entered again.
Usual rules apply, basics being that two photos max and a small paragraph giving a brief description along with any link, to a build thread, etc.
One entry only.
Nominations will run until the end of the month and then the winner will be decided by a 5 day poll.

After the success of the previous competition when we had Reynolds supply the winner with a T shirt, this month we have another T shirt for this months winner.
This months T shirt was generously offered by Bob Spencer from http://www.bethevulture.co.uk
Most Retrobikers will know the site for the great Carlton and Sun shirts and jerseys amongst loads of other great gear, definitely go and check it out if you haven't already. It's a great shop and Bob puts a lot of effort in to get this gear out to the enthusiasts. He is also a rider and one of us so deserves all the support we can give, so he can continue to get this stuff made for us.
So go visit http://www.bethevulture.co.uk/
A big thank you for supporting the competition Bob

Now this months winner will be supplied in their size of choice this very cool Huret Jubilee shirt.
Carlton-Worksop-Tshirt-front-1000 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

So, on with the show!

Jamie

Pinarello Monetello with Campagnolo 50th group and Chromovelato finish.

Taken me about 3 years to get it to this point. Note I have the 50th brakes nuts and some Colbalto nuts, but these ones are the ones that were on the bike when I got the frame and clearly the original owner selected these to match the chromovelato. I got marked down for these at Eroica best in show as they were judged "incorrect" I have the correct ones but think these look better and are one offs.

The stem took probably 5 years to find one that wasn't a modern CNC production.

blue-montello-2.jpg

blue-montello-drive-chain.jpg

More photos here.

http://www.redvelo.co.uk/pinarello/my-b ... ello.shtml

Build thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=342830&p=2557671#p2557671

Wasn't that Campagnolo 50 gruppo on your Red frames you had before?

Nob":ufz8n37p said:
Wasn't that Campagnolo 50 gruppo on your Red frames you had before?

Over the years I have collected together 2 groupsets; couldn't do it now as prices have gone nuts.

I did try and sell the red one but couldn't agree a price so sold the frame and put most of the group on this frame which is much nicer than the red one as it is the original chromovelato finish.

I'm not sure there's a lot to be won against that, but since I don't think I ever got around to entering this I'll give it a go:

Foz's 1991 Nortel.le, repainted and built with mainly campagnolo 8 speed parts, there's a build thread but it was photobucketed :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_20151210_142847 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20151210_142847 (Small).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12,152
Look KG86

Those previous 2 bikes are absolute beauties, but you have to be in it to win it (unlikely! LOL)

1987 Look KG86, full Shimano Dura ace 7 speed group, Mavic rims, Cinelli 1A and Cinelli bars. Homage to Jean Francois Bernard 1987 La vie Claire Race Bike. Sadly my old build thread also 'Photo bucketed' but here she is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back