Eroica Britannia or L'Ancienne 2018?

robv

Dirt Disciple
Eroica Britannia 2018 will again take place at Friden Grange. I did not like the location in the middle of nowhere and at all. Also, the move of EB towards a big family happening with corporate sponsors was a bit too much for me. I will skip this time. I wonder if L'Ancienne in Ulverston could be a nice and friendly alternative. Can anyone who attended this shed some light?

Re:

I'll be interested to hear responses to this, as I will have a suitable bike for it soon

Mike

I've booked in at the local Newhaven touring park this afternoon already. Yes its a bit of a family affair but there's some great bikes, plenty of gin, the music was good and the ride was sublime.

Re:

We're off to the Anjou again in '18 and a little known* event in Spain - probably take the SBDU or a Roberts for Spain, perhaps an early postwar bicycle for the Anjou.

Jon.

*in Blighty.

We (a group of 10-15 Norwegian) was thinking about doing another ride/festival next year as the cycling seems to become less important at the Eroica over the years, we are doing this as a "man event" no wives allowed. Anyhow when the date was released last Friday we decided quickly to go to Eroica next year and hired the same farm barn as we hired last year as accommodation. Next years it's more than likely that we will go to Ulverstone to get a new experience. Some of us will probably go to the Italian L'Eroica next year as well, if we are lucky enough to get a start.

Re: Re:

roadking":3c9oa71a said:
We're off to the Anjou again in '18 and a little known* event in Spain - probably take the SBDU or a Roberts for Spain, perhaps an early postwar bicycle for the Anjou.

Jon.

*in Blighty.

Roadking, may I ask which event is Spain? If it's "La Pedal des clips" I may see you there.

DSH":rwba76mg said:
roadking":rwba76mg said:

Jon.

*in Blighty.

Roadking, may I ask which event is Spain? If it's "La Pedal des clips" I may see you there.

No worries and yes it is, 2018 will be my 3rd time. Lucky to have a friend who lives near San Sadurni d'Anoia. I don't mention it too much as Brits might spoil !!! Sorry.

And I drive down, great drive done it many times and on a motorcycle too.

Jon.

[

No worries and yes it is, 2018 will be my 3rd time. Lucky to have a friend who lives near San Sadurni d'Anoia. I don't mention it too much as Brits might spoil !!! Sorry.

Jon.[/quote]

I did it this year and should be there again in 2018, but combined with a familiy holiday as it's a long way to go for what is effectively a three hour ride.

roadking":1w1uz59o said:
DSH":1w1uz59o said:
roadking":1w1uz59o said:

Jon.

*in Blighty.

Jon.

What do you thinks the Brits are going to do? Trash it?

JSH" What do you thinks the Brits are going to do? Trash it?[/quote said:
Did you mean you think ?

I actually think you're a right arse, I get a little fed up when travelling to France and Spain and encountering drunken yobs on bikes - adding to the British Stereotype - happened in the hotel we stayed in for last year's the TdeF.

You might be one of them, they were from the north - so wind your neck in stalker boy.

Rk.

Back