NEED HELP For event on Sunday 24th with a Campy brake part

CommanderChuff

Devout Dirtbag
I am having a little panic (unusually). My Holdsworth pro was being prepped for the Birmingham 100 this coming Sunday, and a brake shoe bolt has stripped the thread.

a quick search of the web has not produced any signs of parts at bolt level and buying a complete calliper set for £90 does rankle a bit. The campy fit is Record circa 1969 and I would love to hear from anybody who is prepared to lend a brake shoe from a bike or to sell their spare set.

Please let me know soonest, if you could help with a bolt or with a potential source, with much hope and many thanks.

David,

Re:

Good luck finding the part David, hopeing to be doing the velo on my old Peugeot too... if I can gt rid of a cold!

Maybe a temporary caliper change might be in order

Good luck

Thanks for responding, I have managed to fix the problem by removing the thick washer and finding some good thread. So the Holdy is good to go for the ride.

Hope that your ride is going to be a happy one, I really enjoy leaving the youngsters on their expensive high tech carbon things in my wake, may see you on the route, enjoy,

Re:

Just about any cheapo/worn out brake shoe- even those moulded rubber ones- can be dismantled/destroyed to retrieve the flat-headed bolt, which will likely fit straight into a Campag brake shoe, if you can take the rubber out, remove the f*cked bolt, and put it back together again.

Re:

How did you get on yesterday? I found the route much hillier than expected but had a great day out still. Saying that I felt pretty under biked at the start surrounded by new carbon framed machines, although my Reynolds 753 did me proud!

Hi, I had a great day, much interest in the shinney Holdsworth, and was photographed by the motorcycle camera man, was ok on the 'big' ribble mountain, but suffered on the last few hills before finish suffering bad cramp in left leg, was very surprised by the large number of new high tech bikes on the road side with punctures and problem, there were huge problems with the water and food stops so I didnt stop at them as they were so congested with thousands of riders, my times were 6hr 35 min riding, 101 miles, 15.4 average, am so pleased that we oldies on trad bikes were able to get the ride without drama, I am off to South Africa for next Eroica ride then holland and Tuscany, hope that you have a good ride next time out,

Re: Re:

torqueless":1aj5iarp said:
Just about any cheapo/worn out brake shoe- even those moulded rubber ones- can be dismantled/destroyed to retrieve the flat-headed bolt, which will likely fit straight into a Campag brake shoe, if you can take the rubber out, remove the f*cked bolt, and put it back together again.

Thanks for the advice, will look out for one in the jumbles,

David

Back