Giant speeder

$35!!!! Bargain of the century!!! Go and buy a homeless person dinner and try and put some balance back into the universe.
I would take a rough estimate that it's an early eighties. It looks to be about the setup it could/would be sold with. I always thought the early Speedster was the higher end brother to the later Peleton. Might have that the wrong way round, but am confident that's right.
For handbuilt, very well made frames they are certainly under appreciated in the retro world and I find more so here in Britain than back home.
Regardless it's a bargain for that sort of money and you will get plenty of happy miles from it.
As for worth, well that's the hard part, it depends where you are, but here in Britain, they are not worth much at all really, which is such a waste. My neighbour has a red one which had been repainted and I wasn't sure whether it was a Peleton lite or an older Speedster, fitted with 105 and a nice old Campag chainset. He asked if I knew anyone who would be interested and so I asked around and there was not a lot of interest and most people said to just hold onto it rather than give it away. I have seen them for sale in Europe for around $150 euro etc.
Hope this helps a bit and it is a bargain at that price. Ride and enjoy.

Jamie

Yeah you did help a bit. Thanks for answer

So I can assume that price is fair and I this guy wasn't lying at all :D
(I helped homeless few times so maybe that's karma :p )

By any chance do you know what type of thread its bottom brakcet has ?

I too would assume, based on the few Giants I have worked on, that it would be British threading. All I have worked on both modern and older are.

Jamie

Back