Colnago Olympic Master Art Deco - 1996

DesmoDog

Retro Newbie
Hello to all on the forum,

I am after a bit of advice...

I have just picked up a 1996 Colnago Olympic Master Art Deco 1996. It has full Campagnolo Record 8 speed Titanium groupset, shifters, etc etc and runs Campagnolo Shamal Black wheelset.

My question is this, will this bike go up in value? I believe this to be worth £1500 give or take?!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9995.JPG
    IMG_9995.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 646
Maybe it will. Depends on how the future reveils itself. Pretty unpredictable if you ask me...

I would say it is worth about £1000. I have a few of these and know that people always seem to over value them. They are however great bikes, both to ride and look at and of course have an international racing pedigree.

It probably will go up in value if it is in good order but it is going to take a long time. Collectible and valuable Colnagos are 1960s and 1970s. Just ride it and enjoy it!

Re:

Hi there.

Thanks for the response.

I have no intention to sell as I'd been after one for ages and I love the yellow colour-way. I was just curious as you see very silly prices being asked on various websites for these bikes.

Thanks again

Re:

Never sell it. I have a Master Extra Light and it's the niciest bike I ever had. Built it with modern components and it can compete with any other bike currently on the market. Future price depends on how people will appreciate "old" bikes than. They're hot and wanted now but who says this isn't just a temporary thing.

Re: Re:

WimVDD":v9lqibcm said:
Never sell it. I have a Master Extra Light and it's the niciest bike I ever had. Built it with modern components and it can compete with any other bike currently on the market. Future price depends on how people will appreciate "old" bikes than. They're hot and wanted now but who says this isn't just a temporary thing.

It wont be sold!!

That is potentially the plan - more modern groupset, keep the older parts and the enjoy cycling, cafe to cafe and enjoy the cakes and coffee : )

Back