RBotM MAY 2017 - OPEN MONTH - NOMINATIONS OPEN!

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Nominations now open for RBotM May 2017
Open Month

Competition is back after a brief and deliberate layoff last month.
Usual rules apply, mainly one entry per member, 2 photos if possible and a brief paragraph or so giving a description, a link to a build thread or readers ride thread always helps with giving people more details.
Nominations will be open until last day of the month. After which a five day poll will decide the winner. Full rules if needed can be found in the Wiki section, highlighted at the top of the page.

Thanks
Jamie

Go on then I'll start:

1990 Raleigh Castorama 753 Dynatech, the frame belonged to or was built for Jean-Claude Bagot who was one of the 1991 riders.
I've built it to Fignon spec as there are no pictures (that I can find) or info on JCB but plenty on Fignon. How ever it does carry JCB's name and number.

Build Thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=329993

1979 Bianchi Super Leggera. Original paint, decals and pantographed components. I restitched the handlebar leather covers. This bike is from the era when Piaggio/Vespa owned Bianchi and it has a Piaggio/Vespa headbadge decal.

Olmo San Remo 1987
Seat 51 ct-ct
Top 53 ct-ct
Columbus Matrix Tubing
Campagnolo Victory Groupset complete
Campagnolo Athena Headset
Concor leather saddle
Cinelli Cockpit
Galli rims
Ciclolinea Fade bar tape and Olmo end plugs

Attachments

• Olmo San remo - 1.jpg
    Olmo San remo - 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10,618
  • Olmo San remo - 10.jpg
    Olmo San remo - 10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10,618
Re:

I will post my 1989 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra "Team Stuttgart".

I first bought it as a frameset and built it up with an 8 speed Campagnolo Chorus (1994 or something) I had. Later I acquired an earlier (1992) C Record groupset so I changed it as this groupset was more "era correct". Recently I won an Olmo on a bidding site, not really knowing what I had won (the seller said it had "Shimano 600 and stuff" on it). I was kind of pleased when I picked up the Olmo and it seamed to have 3/4 of a Croce d' Aune groupset, including the Delta's (Croce d' Aune was the groupset this Team Stuttgart was sold with back in 1989).

So I finally switched all the parts and this is the final result.

23tnpdd.jpg

and a photo from the 1989 (Crescent - Merckx built these bikes) catalogue

1zx2ru8.jpg

stevevw":8wn8cwb4 said:
We need more votes. How can we choose just one from this bunch of class bicycles.

+1

What a start! :shock:

I can't choose between those ones!

stevevw":36dc4qt8 said:
We need more votes. How can we choose just one from this bunch of class bicycles.

If "open month" means I'm allowed to post more than one, I can help. ;-)

Open Month means that it is open to any member and machine, as long as that machine has not won RBotM before. If it has won RBotM previously then it is only eligible for themed months. For all competitions it is one entry per member. There's plenty of months to fit them all in ;)

Jamie

Back