quill stem

tidi

Dirt Disciple
hello, has anyone had experience with either a cinelli pinocchio or 3t pro chrome quill stem? i'm after a stiff, strong quill. any info on favorite quill stem would be great.
kind regards

Cinelli A1. Best ever road quill stem in my humble opinion. Stupidly, i don't have one at the minute :) . Also prices keep rising on these so get one sooner rather than later. Your looking at £15 minium.

That'll be the Cinelli 1A then :) I'm not sure about prices rising, they're not rare, I reckon it was the most common stem at the time.

My favourites are the 3ttt 78 and 3ttt Record. The 3ttt pro chrome was welded steel with a strange dull finish.

fiks":3sw6r4c7 said:
That'll be the Cinelli 1A then :) I'm not sure about prices rising, they're not rare, I reckon it was the most common stem at the time.

My favourites are the 3ttt 78 and 3ttt Record. The 3ttt pro chrome was welded steel with a strange dull finish.

If you want a welded steel stem, the plated & polished version of the ITM Eclypse was a class act. Appeared on a lot of early '90s pro bikes in preference to the similar-looking lighter (but presumably whippier) Krystal titanium stem from the same maker. Currently riding them in quill and Ahead formats and no grumbles about either.

David

Back