Colnago c40 mk 1 Lampre

mapei

Dirt Disciple
I have just recently bought a 1994 or 1995 Colnago c40 frame (alloy decore fork, colnago seatpost), lampre version, its probably a shop version not team. I want to build it with shimano dura ace 7300/7400 components (STI). part from that..., i want suggestions on saddle, handlebar, stem (quill) and wheels

I have a set of mavic paris roubaix rims, and dura ace hubs to go with them (with the large mavic decals), but not sure if that's the way to go, awsome rims, dark grey and would match aesthetically. I also got some older aero mavic cosmic pro, alloy.

When it comes to stem and handlebars i am not really sure, on my other c40s there are unthreaded stems and i use ITM Millenium and ITM bigone.

In the 94 catalog it looks like ITM ITALMANUBRI, but i am not sure and there probably are other options? and what about handlebar?

The fork is probably alloy, anyone knows the story about that? I think this is only high end Colnago with an alloy fork, reputation, anything good to say about it :D_

Thanks a lot for your attention, and looking forward to any suggestions for my new treasure. :eek: :D

Re:

Hello,

For the quill stem, I think people like Ballerini used the ITM700 model, but they are not easy to find. The Goccia stem is an alternative, and a pretty cool looking stem from about the right period. Something like the Super Europa bars would go well with those stems.

Again on the Bellerini theme, a Regal saddle could work well, and not too hard to find.

Ambrosio Nemesis rims would be a nice choice, or maybe something from FiR if you can find them.

That's what I've figured out from some rather obsessive research about these bikes.

Johnny

Re:

Thanks a lot for a fast and interesting answer.

Same same with The 700 and super europa in, black or chrome? ...are there any rules. :)

i have some ambrosio nemesis rims, but they are reserved for the mapei version..., luxury problems

Fir is kind of under the radar still, good value and cool, good tips

Re:

As far as the 700 stem goes, I've seen pictures of Ballerini's bikes with both black and silver versions of the stem. So, no, there are no rules :)

I think the silver ones look cooler but I've never found one.

Back