C W Alexander Cardiff

lotus 30

Dirt Disciple
i am new on here anyone got any information on charlie alexander Cardiff
i am starting to restore my old alexander road bike i rode it as a school boy with the Newport Phoenix club in the sixties and have kept it all these years i have to blast the frame now and repaint
the internet is brilliant for finding retro parts and people who can reproduce decals any help in the sourcing equipment and decals that can be recommended would be appreciated
andy

Attachments

• DSCN1906.jpeg
    DSCN1906.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 477
Is it so bad it needs repainting? don't you want to keep it as you rode it way back when...............

Shaun

I am afraid it is there is a lot of rust and the paint has peeled on the top tube prob sweat has attacked it also the bottom bracket has rust on the underside prob chipped and the weather has got to it so it does need a full restoration
I had to cut the stem today to remove the head set to get the forks out then drill the remains of the stem out i have worked on it for a week soaking it and heating but it would not budge mind you my kids both rode the bike when they were big enough so i am afraid it has not had a gentle life but survive it has
thanks for the interest andy

Re:

Many thanks for that reply and yes i did read all i could find on the internet about charlie hence finding this forum the frame is now striped the next problem is getting the decals remade here is a pic of drilling the seized stem out of the fork's on my milling machine.
andy

Attachments

• DSCN1912.jpg
    DSCN1912.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 391
Back