Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Nominations now open:
RBotM March 2017- Brexit Special -British and European Month -

With Brexit, or the announcement about Brexit almost upon us this months RBotM is a BREXIT themed edition!
That means that it is open to any machine from Britain or the European Union, any age or era. Retro of course, not modern. We will see who comes out on top, but remember, it's all in good fun and we are all retrobikers so please keep it on topic and nice ;)
Political posts not to do with cycling will be deleted at my/our discretion. This is a democratic dictatorship after all ;)
This of course the second themed month in a row and next month will return to normal any thing goes, but last months and this months need to go together.
Also check the rules as past winners of the open RBotM are eligible to enter themed months.

Usual rules apply, nominations should have 2 photos and a brief description along with a link to the build thread if possible.
Nominations will stay open until the last day of the month and then a poll will run for 5 days to determine the winner.
So, lets see what Europe currently has to offer.

Jamie

I'll drop the first one. I recently finished 3 European bikes: a 1981/1982 Eddy Merckx Professional, a 1984 Eddy Merckx Professional and a bit more recent 1996 "neo retro" Sancineto. I'll take the first one for this competition.

This Belgian made Eddy Merckx dates from 1981 or 1982 (year of production unsure), a bike I found as a completely messed up mixture of a poorly repainted frame with cheapish end nineties Campa parts. It took me lot's of time (and money...) to have it back to it's old glory and this is how it's now.

m80h8z.jpg

inv434.jpg

A couple of lovely entries this month so far :) Thanks guys

WimVD, it's only one entry per month so choose your best and keep the other for another month :) That in itself is a tough choice.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":184zbqu1 said:
WimVD, it's only one entry per month so choose your best and keep the other for another month :) That in itself is a tough choice.

Jamie

Sorry, must have misread that. :)

Heres my 1952 Hill Special with a bit of modern thrown at it to make it a rider, well, tootler maybe. Not quite finalised but heck, they seem to be so rare I may as well get it out there. A heady mix of English and French combined with some Japanese.

Attachments

• hillspecial1.jpg
    hillspecial1.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 11,044
  • hillspecial2.jpg
    hillspecial2.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 11,044
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back