Resilion brake conundrum

sisyphus

Retro Guru
I've got these for a Selbach I've been meaning to build for a few years. I've got the levers and the Calipers but the cables remain a conundrum- I have the remains of some and can see that they split so that each Caliper has its own cable but not in a way I can improvise a working set - finding new ones doesn't seem easy.
Has anyone else done something creative to solve this....any ideas?
Thanks

Re:

I have soldered the original resilion cables, many years ago. You will need all the parts from the old cables, as they incorporate springs at the brake end. Can you do sharp pics of what you have?

Keith

Thanks guys - I will post some pictures - but I'm in Bristol and the brakes are at my other place in Wales at the moment. I'm sure all the cable parts are there - they look fiddly. I thought they'd been soldered.

Re:

Hi sisyphus,

I have one complete spare cable for the front.
It appears to be all complete with the 2 into 1 splitter, the adjusters, ferrules, springs, etc.
At least you can see what you need for the rear and use it as a pattern for the remaining bits you will require.

You do see them on eBay but prices can vary wildly!

PM me with your contact details if you want it.

Cheers,
Nick.

Hi Nick I'm not ignoring your kind message - my messages don't seem to send when I pm you. I will try again.

Back