Shimano SL-6400 mounting issues

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
Hello everybody,
I have the Shimano SL-6400 downtubeshifters but don't have braze-ons on my frame (old Motobecane Reynolds 531).
I have found some clamps (look here) for retro-fit, but honestly, they look like sh*t and I want my bike to be beautiful.

When I asked a friend of mine, who is clearly better informed than I am, he told me that there are 600 Arabesque clamps (look here) which I could use.

Has anybody experience with this problem and could help me? I don't want to waste money on a clamp I cannot use!
Thank you, and sorry for my english, it is not my first language!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
SJS Cycles do a set of resin 6-speed indexed shifters with a plated metal band-on clamp for £15. I used the band-on clamp off those and threw the shifters away.

Re:

Thanks for the quick replys!
I found some clamps for the 6400 group, but if I can't get them i will propably use the SJS clamps.

Jonny69":1lwjdb3u said:
SJS Cycles do a set of resin 6-speed indexed shifters with a plated metal band-on clamp for £15. I used the band-on clamp off those and threw the shifters away.
you threw working bits away? :cry:
Those plastic shimano shifters look crap, but actually work very well. Ideal for a clunker/pub bike

Back