Headbadge/frame identification

ChickenStu

Retro Newbie
Hi there
Picked up a nice old frame built up with lovely Simplex Super LJ gearing, Stronglight 105 drilled crankset, Mafac 2000 brakes and Atax Proffessional handlebars. Frame has heart shaped cut out lugs,Reynolds 531 frame and forks, Simplex dropouts and chromed rear quarter. No identifying stamps or makers marks that I can find. The only identifier is the headbadge with a letter 'F' and crossed french/chequered flag. I have searched the Internet but can't find the headbadge. Does anyone on the forum recognise the headbadge and put me out of my misery? Pic of headbadge attached.
Cheers
Stu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 712
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 712
BITD we used to sell decals off the shelf for people to stick on their bikes. Cheiftain heads, stars, flags, stripes etc. Could be one of those?

Shaun

Re:

Shaun
Thanks for reply, I reckon you might be right. If so not sure that I will ever be able to identify the maker, with no makers marks, have checked the normal places, bottom bracket, dropouts, seat tube, etc . Think I will just find a decent set of vintage french wheels and ride it :LOL:
Stuart

Any pics of the rest of the frame? Lugs, rear dropouts, seat stay cluster for example.

Shaun

Re:

Shaun
Some pics attached, thanks for taking time to have a look. Apologies for quality of pictures (taken on iPad)
Stuart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 684
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 684
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 684
Very nice, love the semi wraparound stays :). Any pic of the rear dropout with the mech?

Shaun

Cheers Shaun...I think it's a nice frame that will probably ride well, paintwork is not the best but I quite like that look, I think be worth getting it back on the road.
Stuart

Nice chrome :). Classy frame and would look a million dollars with just a simple respray, even just a single colour. I woul be tempted to take some fine sandpaper / wire wool and remove some green and look for some decals ..

Shaun

Back