Rare Olympia steel bike

Barryboyinexile

Dirt Disciple
This is my Olympia Columbus steel bike in original pearlescent white paintwork, with touch ups as can be seen in the photos
Size Seat tube 53ctc ; Top Tube 54.

I am not sure what model the bike is. It fits the description of a Competizione Superleggera except for the seat stay caps which in the Competizione are scooped out and pantographed.. This bike has some features of a tt frame but the geometry is more comfortable for standard riding. The seat tube is scooped to provide for a short wheel base which is unusual for the age of the frame and makes it nippy to handle. The chrome seat stays and forks are aero and in excellent condition; and the gear cabling is internal with centre mounted braze on levers. The frame itself has some really attractive details.

The Super Record Groupset is pantographed (Seat post; levers; and chainset). Super Record brakes. Record hubs laced to Mavic GP4 rims; 3ttt pantographed stem and beautiful 3ttt bars in (almarc?) leather. Concor saddle. (Pedals not included). Rear Mech: Super Record Pat 83. Super Record Front Mech. Apologies for the bottle cage which I should have removed before capturing the images.

I've listed this for sale but I'd also appreciate any information anyone might have on the exact model of this classic. The Classic Rendezvous site is very informative about Olympia, but my extensive searching of the web and analogue sources has not provided a single match with this bike, which seems to confirm its rarity.

Check out the photos here. More to follow.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/7135860@N03/p0Cq91

Re:

Nice bike, think your post should be in the for sale section though.

Should add a close up of scooped seat tube as it is unusual feature.
Love the panto'd headtube badge (not so much that bottle cage :LOL: )

Back