Looking for descent tubular tires?

PerB

Old School Hero
I am about to complete my winter projects and are looking for a good deal on descent tubulars.
I need about three sets for various bikes.
I am looking for 25 mm with tan/yellow sides. The Vittoria Rally is cheap, but I have found the quality less than acceptable in many occasions. And yes one of the bikes will be used for the Eroica Britannia so one set of reinforced tires will always be welcome.

I've found schwalbes to be a good balance of quality and price. They're not as nice as my veloflex paves, but they were only a third of the price!

Yes I agree I had a set of Swalbe One in 27mm on my last years Eroica bike, its a very good tire for a decent price, but they seems to have stopped making them in black/yellow in 25 or 27 mm.

Challenge Vulcano comes in a nice classic looking tan wall. I haven't used them much yet but they feel pretty tough. There's the Challenge Strada if you want to go up to a 30.

Tufo S33 tan wall are also quite classic looking, perfectly round every time and really bulletproof. Only problem with Tufos is people are so fricking snotty about them - you'll quickly get fed up with people making snide comments.

Re:

Thanks for the tip, 3 sets of Challange Vulcano is on its way in the post from Bike 24 in Germany, looking forward to try them out.

Back