Building a Single speed + BB Types

gysot

Dirt Disciple
I building up a single speed daily rider up from parts but have very little experience of road parts as im more a MTB kind of guy !!
What i need to know is ....The frame takes a Hollow tech 2 BB/Crank which i need to buy so are mtb/road the same and im fitting mtb flat bars so any idea which brake levers to go for to suit side pulls ?

Thanks in advance.

hollowtech strikes me as being modern - do you have horizontal dropouts? You'd need these to tension the chain...

I'm puzzled when you say that the frame takes a Hollowtech type crank. What matters is the BB shell design the frame has. Hollowtech 2 can fit conventional frames with threaded shell, however your frame may be BB30 or another proprietary type. You need to identify this before proceeding.

For calliper brakes then you need short pull levers: either canti-type MTB levers (NOT V) or flat bar road levers. V levers pull too much cable and do not have enough leverage to squeeze a calliper hard enough.

My Bad posted in the wrong section as its a modern frame.....is a Carbon TT Frame and has horizontal drop outs.

The frame takes a Hollowtech 2 B/B so id just assumed it would take a HT2 Crank as well but ill email the company and ask.

Back