Aende 531 tt

Midlife":1j9jl9o8 said:
Interesting frame :). Is that a chain stay bridge I can see? Shaun

Yes Shaun it has a Chain stay bridge.

It belongs to a friend who is now 82 still clocking up the miles but longer racing . Alan Braithwaite {pongo}built it for him on the condition it had a strenghtened area around the shot in rear seat stays . It has been ridden in tt's from 10 miles to 12hrs .
I am told it was built in the early 80's .As with many of AB's frames it has no number just the owners name under the bb.

I am taking it to the Manchester bike jumble, looking at about £400 .

It is a lovely machine.

Ooooh....That explains the slightly different style of frame :). You are right it's a lovely machine, over BB cables and nutted brakes too :). Any more pics?

Shaun

Typical Pongo round forks. He seemed to use these on all sorts of frames, not just track ones.

I've just seen this in the for sale section, just the Wong time of year with Xmas, regulatory outgoings, uni accommodation etc but will have think as it's just brilliant :)

Round forks are on my Bob Jackson TT and popular at the time. Hard front wheel braking could get the front wheel on the down tube lol

Shaun

Re:

I agree with you on time of year Shaun . I have to start some time for my mate . I will see what happens with regards interest on this fourm .
Taking to Manchester in a couple of weeks time .
I only need the right person . Compared to a lot of Classic Machines it is not silly money {imho} ok is tester specific .

Back