Retirement/pension fund.

jm

Senior Retro Guru
I found two new pairs of Campag crank caps in my box.Just been on ebay.WOW do people really pay that.

Re:

The prices of some items never ceases to amaze me . Pumps going for £100 .
Toe straps £60 :shock:

Re:

When you look at the price some people are asking for vintage bikes - like the 70's Holdsworth with full Campag Record on ebay for £3500 - then you would expect all the little shiny bits to match - hence the price.

I couldn't justify it personally - I swop my dust caps between bikes!!

jm":32gmg64q said:
I found two new pairs of Campag crank caps in my box.Just been on ebay.WOW do people really pay that.

Hi will you split? I lost one of my crank caps, and need a replacement. :!: Will need to scrape off the Campag logo though to make it match. Would take a pair if you insist..... :roll: :facepalm:

Gets coat........

Piperdave":1sjcbdsr said:
jm":1sjcbdsr said:

Hi will you split? I lost one of my crank caps, and need a replacement. :!: Will need to scrape off the Campag logo though to make it match. Would take a pair if you insist..... :roll: :facepalm:

Gets coat........

:LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

BretonDave":a364k8zu said:
When you look at the price some people are asking for vintage bikes - like the 70's Holdsworth with full Campag Record on ebay for £3500 - then you would expect all the little shiny bits to match - hence the price.

I couldn't justify it personally - I swop my dust caps between bikes!!

If that's the sort of price that is actually being realised for bikes these days - then I'm a millionaire, Wodney!

Well, not quite - but you know where I'm coming from................. :roll:

Thinking on it, I've probably got several Campag dust caps in my stash (or Superb Collection of Rare and Aging Parts).

The Vintage trend has driven up prices, I don't even bother looking for 50th parts any more.

Piperdave":2r4nvfi3 said:
jm":2r4nvfi3 said:

Gets coat........

I dont mind spending some time with some wet and dry,I'll do a pair,see what they're like,if your not happy I can scrape SR into them.

Back