Show off your personalised bikes

bedraggled

Senior Retro Guru
My favourite bit of any bike forum is the pictures of the Commuting and Touring bikes because they have been personalised to suit the owner, no two bikes are ever the same.
Just spotted this King of Mercia on eBay and it's got to be one of my all time favourites with presumably every item specifically chosen by the owner.

Would be great to see pictures of bikes that aren't just as they left the factory (unless they are Trigger's Brooms).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 803
My 1975 Carlton Corsa, upgraded wheels, gear mechs, carrier, guards and Stronglight triple front chainwheel for a mixture of commuting and touring work. Frame, saddle, brake and bars are original. Lots of bits also like clips, bell, dynamo etc...

PC268292_zpsjrsbsewf.jpg

Re:

Is that a Cipollini replica, Nob?

Did the Colnago sell in the end?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3m3f95ug said:
Is that a Cipollini replica, Nob?

Did the Colnago sell in the end?

No it's not a Cipo as he never rode a mark 1 Shiv.

Colnago sold well most of it did.

Spokesmann":3ess8jh6 said:
My 1975 Carlton Corsa, upgraded wheels, gear mechs, carrier, guards and Stronglight triple front chainwheel for a mixture of commuting and touring work. Frame, saddle, brake and bars are original. Lots of bits also like clips, bell, dynamo etc...

PC268292_zpsjrsbsewf.jpg

Sort that saddle out - it's almost horizontal! ;)

Seriously though, a great looking bike and as the OP says - totally personalised.

Mark.

My latest creation, I noticed I had enough components in the spares box for a full bike, though not necessarilly the same bike. :LOL:

Half of a pair of 10 speed down tube shifters = check
Half of a pair of broken 9 speed bar end shifters = check
8 speed wheel = check
9 speed cassette with a cog removed = check
Caliper brakes with canti bosses = check
One and a half mudguards = check
One inch steerer stem with oversize handlebar clamp = check
Mountain bike triple = check
SBDU prototype frameset = check

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg