Brake Compatibility.

dg01

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I'm rebuilding a Raleigh, which had some Dia Compe BRS Blaze levers (concealed cabling) and Dia Compe calipers.
So I broke the spring on the front caliper, can't find a replacement spring, and, having a pair of Shimano BR5800 calipers was considering fitting those.
Two questions really....
1. Would the Dia Compe BRS Blaze levers be compatible with the BR5800 calipers? If noone knows off hand, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
2. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement spring for the Dia Compe calipers?

Many Thanks in advance,
D

BR5800 are the latest (?) gen shimanos.

They might not work very well with the blaze brakes are they are designed to work with one of the earlier cable pull standards.

BR5700 would be better.

Yes - the BR5800 are the latest incarnation of 105 brakes - I have a set as I had to fit long reach brakes to the bike I had bought the groupset for.
I guess the other option is to "suck it and see", Just fit them and try it. I thought I'd ask the well informed and well educated folk on here first though.

Thanks matt

Take the good spring off the other Dia Compe brake & take to your local BS offer it up to the calipers & check the springs for compatibility you should find a make/model that you could order will fit & do the job I remember using a Weinman spring on a can't for the life of me what, but remember just having to take approx 4mm off each end with a Dermel cut off wheel

Back