Help.... Headset needed for 1990s vintage Peugeot Road bike

simondonaldjones

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone,

I bought this frame a little while ago:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291854774995

And now I am based in Honk Kong and trying to get components for it to build. However the local bike guy who is helping, tells me I need a "one inch quill headset" for it. Which he says is impossible to find here or in China.

Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of headset I need and where I might be able to get it online? Apologies, whilst I'm a keen cyclist, I'm just learning about all the bits and pieces.

Any help would so be appreciated.

Thank you,

Simon

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hello Simon

What I think you are doing is turning part of a low end Peugeot frame into a money pit. The complete bike in UK would fetch about £100, and you will pay about £500 for it.

A frame should at least have a head set and seat pillar.

Someone somewhere is waiting for you with another Peugeot they are selling in parts.

Better to buy a complete bike in rideable condition.

Keith

Back