Birmingham built c1954 Hercules Aston Club 531 frame

nonowt

rBotM Winner
Spotted the above in a Glasgow junkshop for £55.

Frame looks in great condition - straight, nice flamboyant magenta paint job, rust and dink free. All original but its missing a pedal, wheel nut, front mudguard and a couple of brake blocks.

Wheels are 26x1 1/4"
Rear is fixed with a thread for a flipflop option.
John bull tyres.
Frame is 23"
Hercules Kestral leather saddle in great condition.
No obvious play in the headset or bottom bracket.
Not sure whether the stem or seatpost move.
It looks like it's been dry stored but the shop are leaving it out in all weather...

Seem like a good deal?

I have until Saturday lunch time to decide!

I did take some pictures but I can't get the files to resize on my phone.

If anyone else is interested in it pm me and I'll let you know where it is...

Definitely sounds worth £55 if it's in good condition. Get it in the shed soon as before the weather takes its toll.

Re:

Thanks.

I went for it - couldn't bear for it to be out in the rain for another day.

Carried it back to my mother-in-law's and gave it a quick rub with wd40. The paint has come up a treat and the steel/aluminium parts are showing signs of their former glory. The seatpost is moving easily but I didn't have the tools for the headset.

It's now safely stored on top of the wardrobe in my mother-in-law's spare bedroom :shock: until I'm back up in Glasgow for Xmas. So far I'm Feeling pretty pleased/ relieved! :LOL:

I'll start a build thread once I'm able to resize the image files.

Nice one. :D

For pictures you are best to use a photo hosting site like flickr and then copy and paste the links. Much easier than downloading them as attachments here. I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere.

Back