colnago super 1976 reynolds

mapei

Dirt Disciple
i just bought a colnago super, it got both columbus og reynolds decal....??? It could not possibly be other than a joke from a previous owner?

If any one know the name of the colour i would be happy?

I also need new hoods for the brakes, anyone where to find'em.

Attachments

• P1090322.JPG
    P1090322.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 658
  • P1090324.JPG
    P1090324.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_1752.jpg
    IMG_1752.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 591
  • colango super.jpg
    colango super.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 591
Nice :). The triangular 531 decal is from a fork so not sure what it's doing there and needs to go lol

Glorious looking bike which I think is in sarroni red but not sure. Do you want copies for the hoods or the real deal? For the genuine jobbies Campyoldy may have some in stock but get ready to sell a kidney :)

It's not a 1976 as the rear dropout is a Portacatena design which cropped up from about 1979.

Shaun

Midlife":2bsam0nq said:
Glorious looking bike which I think is in sarroni red but not sure.
Isn't Saronni red the dark red metallic? This looks more post office red

Re:

Not Saroni red, more orange, very nice colour.

Mavic oro10 rims
record hub
dura-ace m100 handels (!!?)
unicantor saddle
3ttt handelbar and stem
nuovo record rear derailleur
super record strada crank

not sure about1979

According to http://www.velo-retro.com/colnagotline.html
- Fork crown with COLNAGO added to clubs on top.....the bike has does
- Short Campagnolo or COLNAGO dropouts - short
- Fork crown with shallow triangles cut into back (no recessed brake bolt)
- Top tube brake cable guide braze-ons (an option before this).....mine does not got braze-ons
- Fork crown for recessed brake bolt with shallow triangles cut into back
- Brake bridge for recessed brake bolt

- Gold Mexico model presented to Pope John Paul II

Previous owner painted the fluted seat stays, front derailleur braz-on clamp and on the chain-ring yellow, he alos tipped all the lugs with gold paint, .....with a price tag at 250 pounds its ok.

It's not a 1976 as the rear dropout is a Portacatena design which cropped up from about 1979.

Shaun[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your answere. I didnt really understand what Portacatena ment, but have now checked into it. The bike got two drilled holdes for the Portacatena chain-holder. Then it have to be older than 1977, and also the dura-ace 7100 came in 1977. The timeline on velo-retro obiously has some limitations.

When you stay 1979 is that becaus you know that the Portacatena drop out came that year for the super?

The Portacatena dropouts pitched up on the show circuit 1976/77 but as always took time to make it into the real world. The late 70's economy was pretty trashed so not much sold plus the manufacturers had stick they had to use which slowed things up as well.

It never caught on but the dropouts hung around for years, my 1983 Carlton had them.

Shaun

Back