latest project - Gios Torino

JSH

rBotM Winner
Picked up this frame last week for a bit of something to do. Not my favourite colour and the blue panels and decals are a vinyl wrap. I'm hoping that the whole frame has been done in pearlescent pink so I can get the right decals on and get it clear coated. I'm trying to figure our the model though - it looks like a post 79 super record but with different forks. These are perfect chrome ones rather than the painted variant with coins in the crowns. The BB cut-outs and seat stays look identical my 1980 Gios SR. Came complete with a very nice C-Record era headset and Bottom bracket.

Just got to figure out what to build it with.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 762
Did this style of frame come in pink? I don't remember seeing one in this color or has someone repainted this in that color which is for the Giro?

Nob":1ys3k6de said:
Did this style of frame come in pink? I don't remember seeing one in this color or has someone repainted this in that color which is for the Giro?
Its be repainted in a non standard colour as a Maglia rosa tribute. It looks unusual

Re: Re:

pigman":2mmzfwnw said:
what is the blue tubing sticker on the seat tube? Some sort of Columbus I assume?
I'll check . It's probably Columbus SL

JSH":9x2hlahr said:
I'm familiar with those sites and had already looked. The guy I bought it from bought it new in thirty odd years ago. The frame definitely looks 1980 from the BB cutout pattern.

can we see a photo of the bottom bracket and other lugged joints?
and can the original owner identify why the forks appear to be those that were for the later Professional model?, and what the model was prior to the respray?

Re:

I contacted Marco Gios - the fork is from the professional and were used between 83-86 but were chromed in 85 and 86. The frame is definitely a Super Record from between 79 and 83. I guess they are not a matching pair!

Back