80s Pinarello

LeeHMellor

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I've been riding this pinarello for over 3 years but I have no idea how old it is (guessing mid eighties) or what model it is. I thought it was a treviso but it doesn't have a chainstay bridge.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• pina1.jpg
    pina1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 594
  • pina2.jpg
    pina2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 594
  • pina3.jpg
    pina3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 594
  • pina4.jpg
    pina4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 594
  • pina5.jpg
    pina5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 594
  • pina6.jpg
    pina6.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 594
  • pina7.jpg
    pina7.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 594
  • pina8.jpg
    pina8.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 594
It has been renovated, so could it have had chrome removed or just painted over? not likely I know, but if the chrome was in bad condition then that would be the way to go, instead of rechroming

I think Foz quite correct. It could well have been repainted over the original chrome which would mean kudos to the restorer. A material scientist friend of mine here at Cambridge University once told me that de-chroming and subsequently re-chroming can significantly degrade the quality of the steel so whoever refurbished this frame knew their business. Judging by the internet pictures it does seem to have been nicely re-painted.

Bob Jackson's certainly know their stuff - they're one of the best painters around.

I had it repainted at Bob Jacksons 3 years ago, there was no chrome on the rear end... they did a great job. It had a horrible eighties tutti frutti tricolor paintjob before restoration, along with a mishmash of old shimano gear (see below).... The bit that's baffling me is the lack of chainstay bridge... never seen a treviso without one.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 450
Back