TVM Kirk Precision Rebuild

hockinsk

Dirt Disciple
Thought some might be interested in a little 21st Century upgrade to this 20th Century piece of retro I rebuilt this week. I decided to leave it unpainted after it was vapour-blasted and sealed. This is supposedly one of the few TVM frames that were tweaked until TVM were happy with the frames performance. This has no frame number, date stamp, has a shorter wheelbase, 130mm dropouts, no mudguard eyes, narrower top tube, no steel inserts and different chainstays. I think the only other change Kirk made for the TVM frames was the bottom bracket was beefed up and rear mech cable ran straight from seat tube, instead of under the bottom bracket. It rides surprisingly well. The modern forks make a huge difference though.

DSC_0452.jpg

Re:

Well, that's something a bit different!

Vaguely remember some connection with the TVM team. Hope it lasts longer than most of those frames.

Welcome to the forum ;)

Mike

Re:

Seatpost is a 27.2mm 3T Stylus 25 Pro from 2014. No longer made, but I like the fact they look a bit quirky at the top, much like the frame lol! Seatube angle is 74 on these, where'as i'm more used to riding 73, so the 25mm setback kind of corrects this without the saddle pushed all the way back on the rails.

Re:

Loving the bike, looks great.
Quick question, what size is the steerer tube on this bike, is it a 1" like a lot of old bikes? And what forks have you got on it?

Re:

Yes, 1" steerer. The forks are Easton EC90. They're no longer made, but come up every now and then on auction sites.

Cheers! Thinking of building up my dads old Kirk frame and am thinking some nice forks will be the hardest bit to find.

Back