Early Raleigh Lenton Sports artwork - Free download

SantaHul

Retro Guru
Whilst restoring my 1946 Raleigh Lenton Sports I couldn't find this artwork anywhere and ended up having to make it up myself. It's based on what little remained of it on my frame and a couple of photos I found on the internet. I'm putting it online to save other people the hassle. I found that the original graphics had a few imperfections and I've tried to duplicate them (e.g. the 3D effects look a little strange and the "R" in "SPORTS" is a little skewiff).

The files are both Vector graphics (which improves the quality) and there are two different formats:
.svg - Best for Inkscape which is free online.
.eps - Best for Adobe Illustrator which is not free. H Lloyds needs the files in this format but Inkscape can convert to this if necessary.

I'm no expert at this kind of thing and struggled to fill regions with colour like in normal graphics software. In Adobe Illustrator I managed to fill the letters but didn't fill the surround as I wasn't sure I'd get it right so asked H Lloyds to sort it for me. They got the colour wrong too but tbh I didn't give them much to go on and I simply ran out of time before Eroica Britannia so it had to do. Please note that if you can you want the body of the letters in "LENTON" to be transparent as it should match the green colour of the frame exactly.

Here are the files. Once printed the decal should be 250mm tall.

SVG https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-5P- ... sp=sharing
EPS https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-5P- ... sp=sharing

Here's what it looks like with just the letters coloured in.

lenton%203_zpsvpg0fiin.png

And finally here's what it should look like on the bike. This is the main photo I found for reference on the internet. Can't remember where I found it but I recall it was an from across the pond so huge thanks to whoever took this.

IMG_1504_zpsduckcwrv.jpg

Obligatory before and after pics of my bike. I don't have the bike with me right now and this is the best photo I could find of the bike with the decal in it.

DSC01801_zpsohw8ccud.jpg

DSC_0752_zpsyc0difx0.jpg

Re:

The really early Lenton's (first year or two) didn't have any big downtube decals, just a very small "The All Steel Bicycle" decal which you can just about make out in the photo. That's available from H Lloyd's.

Hadn't seen that one but it's newer than mine. I think the Reg Harris branding appeared around 1949/50. Mines literally the first year of production.

Yeah that's the one I used. It says 1945 but the Lenton didn't come out till 46. It was produced from summer 46 to summer 47, mine was one of the last from this first batch. It was only produced in green and only a 21" frame.

Back