1980's Shimano Exage Rear Hub Spindle Cones?

Markone

Retro Guru
Can anyone let me know where I can find cones for a vintage 80's Shimano Exage uniglide rear wheel spindle,please?

Will other Shimano spindle cones fit?

Most Shimano cones are the same dimensions for the functional bits, however they chopped and changed a fair bit with the detailing of the seals. Try SJS Cycles first, look at their MTB hub spares too as they are all common.

hamster":vmt0d8c8 said:
Most Shimano cones are the same dimensions for the functional bits, however they chopped and changed a fair bit with the detailing of the seals. Try SJS Cycles first, look at their MTB hub spares too as they are all common.

Great,thanks for the help...

It would be cheaper to find a whole hub.

I've just rebuilt some 1985 Shimano hubs with the later cones and seals from a modern Deore 9spd hub. Everything all fitted nicely with some aluminium spacers kindly donated from a damaged Campagnolo hub.

I have a 'new old stock' Exage Uniglide hub spare plus a few other bits if you get stuck

legrandefromage":1hcxux0a said:
It would be cheaper to find a whole hub.

I've just rebuilt some 1985 Shimano hubs with the later cones and seals from a modern Deore 9spd hub. Everything all fitted nicely with some aluminium spacers kindly donated from a damaged Campagnolo hub.

I have a 'new old stock' Exage Uniglide hub spare plus a few other bits if you get stuck

Would the Uniglide hub you mention be 7 speed by any chance?

legrandefromage":2ytpypok said:

If it comes complete with spindle cones and plastic dust covers etc I would be interested to buy it from you.

Please PM me to discuss further.

Latest posts

Back