Am I becoming obsessed or is this a 'faulty' item?

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought a lovely new bar from a large online retailer. Fitted it and rode it and thought I wouldn't be bothered by the slight manufacturing discrepancy. Now it's irritating me. Can anyone spot it?

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 689
I'm struggling to tell, but it looks like you haven't fitted it centrally, so I would correct that first and then have another look. ;)

Midlife and Excel are spot on.
Not a major issue really, but poor quality on a £50 bar - and it annoys me a bit.

Re:

The horizontal lines need to finish/start at the same point on both sides, that would have bugged me even before fitting!

I would ask zipp if they are all of the same sloppy standard or if they have a batch that are perfect, and get them to supply you with the required new bar tape too.

Perfection is near enough for me ;)

Re:

It did bug me at the time, but it arrived the morning of a big ride as a replacement for a cracked carbon bar, so i installed and rode. As a bar itself the shape is brilliant, but I am a bit fussy. If the marks are there to help you centre things then they should be in the centre.

Pic on the way to Zipp.

Re:

I would defiantly do as you have done. It could be faulty, you don't know which lines to trust or if the blasting(?) it is over is altering the bar strength irregularly ;-)
Etc.

I'm twitching just looking at it. Standing over it or riding would lead to a major episode.

Ask for a replacement.

Back