Retro fork light mount

Metal8

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I am looking to fit a modern light to my retro 'Raleigh' style bracket as highlighted in this poor picture :?

Light%20Mount.png

Something cylindrical that could screw into the imperial sized fork thread and take a modern handlebar style light fitting.
Or a fitting that could bolt to the original bracket.
Anyone made their own?

Many thanks

Re:

Not seen a modern lamp to fit on an old style side mount bracket . Plenlty of old ever dim and pifco about .
Most fork mounted lamps now sit at the top of the fork crown .
Trying to convert an old every ready to an led should be possible . Could pass a few hours away over winter .

Re:

Thanks.

Thought of just a simple tube bolted onto thread and plugged to stop water getting in.
Not sure of what and where to start though :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

legrandefromage":1ezxuoin said:
Old Everready lamps are very easy to convert. a 4xAA battery pack slots straight in place of the D cell space and decent smd leds wont break the bank either

Oh very nice.
How easy is the Led to fit?
Can get hold of an Everready or Pifco light at my local Bike Charity place.
How waterproof are they though, seem to remember not very.

you can make them quite waterproof with a homemade gasket using silicon sealant.

A glue gun can mount the LED. I have some of the smooth shape eveready lights to play around with. I'll see what I can cobble together.

When I used to mod the Nightriders, heat was an issue. A 7.2v 20w halogen bulb would er, make a bit of a mess if left on too long, but then the ni-cads would have long discharged!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQgRdcJKSo[/youtube]

simple idea put a piece of wood/plastic/rubber in the hole on the bracket and attach the light mount as you would to a handle bar

Back