sun of worksop year id

nodster

Retro Newbie
hi all i,m hoping that someone can help me date a sun mass start, there is a serial number stamped on the rear left drop-out which is T529 and stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket shell itis stamped 1923715 there is also a grease niple with an x there aswell any help would be much appreciated thnx nodster

Re:

sorry cant post pics yet,but will as soon as able to, it has crespera lugs, head tube lugs chromed, wrap round seat stays,rear brake bridge, pummp braze ons underneath top tube,a small triangle downtube shifter retainer ,a brazed on gear cable guide on the top of the right hand side of the bottom bracketandthe forks are chromed aprox half way up ,when i aquired it only small traces of the paint were left intact ithad been sprayed with what i would best describe a red lead type of spray paint and then been wraped up in newspaper and stored away, the traces of paint that could be found was a copper/coffee colour on the chain +seat stays, and traces of white around the bottom bracket, i hope this helps
nodster

forgot to say only aquired this as frame /fork, so guessing really as to model ,thinking its a mass start because of chromed head lugs and the colour scheme of the traces of paint nodster

Re:

You could Upload photos to, for example *photobucket and post a link here.

*Other image hosting sites are available :D

Interesting :)

The T number on the Dropout is 1966

The digits on the BB are usually 1968-72

Crespera Lugs were 1967-1974

My guess would be the number on the BB and the Crespera lugs put it 1968-72. Any bits on it that are original and date coded?

Cheers

Shaun

Latest posts

Back