Nail Varnish

Metal8

Dirt Disciple
Is nail polish/varnish safe for chips on steel frames?
I know a lot of people use it and I've got some green metallic and clear polish for my bike.

Just wondered if it will do anything to the frame in the long run.
Anyone have negative results?

Thanks

Re:

I have never had a promblem . Best to apply a little at a time , allow to dry between coats .

End of a cocktail stick can be better than a brush at times. Worst part probably wandering around the Boots cosmetics isles holding a pair of forks .............

Shaun

Midlife":3i163igv said:
End of a cocktail stick can be better than a brush at times. Worst part probably wandering around the Boots cosmetics isles holding a pair of forks .............

Shaun

I've never used nail varnish on a bike yet so i don't know what it's like to take a pair of forks into the local boots and ask for nail varnish to match so i guess i've got that to come yet as so far i've always managed to use enamel model paint ..

Re:

Nylon overcoat eh?

Well, I would wear that while carrying a pair of forks around Boots, not if I were you.

I touched up my ally framed kona using nail varnish,i then overcoated it with car laquer(seems to be okay)

BikerB":o2a8smx5 said:
I touched up my ally framed kona using nail varnish,i then overcoated it with car laquer(seems to be okay)

Now that's how i was thinking of doing my Kona only my worry was i might not have enough varnish to do quarter of a Fire Mountain ...

Superdrug always have a great selection of nail varnishes from different makers. I have used it a lot on various bikes.

Back