Repro parts

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pattern parts. It all depends on whether it bothers you.

There are plenty of re-manufactured parts for classic cars. I can't see the problem personally, but I'm not obsessive, don't consider myself a collector and prefer to ride my bike than clean it.

Re:

Clearly stated as reproductions in first line of description.

I think what is indefensible is the price :shock:

Re: Re:

t47b":3kucnlrk said:

The price represents the genuine article ...

Re:

Montello":16y0tj7b said:
t47b":16y0tj7b said:

The design of the repro parts is not very faithful to the genuine article though :D

Re: Re:

t47b":3paicfrm said:
Montello":3paicfrm said:
t47b":3paicfrm said:

The design of the repro parts is not very faithful to the genuine article though :D

A pattern part does not carry the branding of the original.

Re:

Clearly they are fakes, no argument, but they are not really very good fakes as the shape is all wrong, no smooth curve etc so that is why I think the price is indefensible, if you couldn't tell them apart then they would be good forgeries, then I would admire them ;)

I thought the alloy Campag brake adjusters on his site were smart......... until I read the bit that the price was for one.

Shaun

What we have now is people in some countries not making copies or reproductions as they want to call them, but are without a shadow of a doubt forgeries with the intention of misleading.

Worse than fake, they are out and out forgeries. considering the price which is a reflection of that.
Were it not to mislead, the price would be considerably lower, probably by 80%

Re:

If they were decent forgeries i.e. You Can't tell them apart from the originals then they could be accused of trying to mislead, but they're not good forgeries :D

908DE887-039F-42C5-8BD2-4878EE6E2A02.jpg

215DC225-AC41-4056-A129-89806778EF07.jpeg

Back