Triumph Tempest 12 speed road racing bike

scarrabri

Devout Dirtbag
Hi i have just bought a Triumph Tempest 12 speed road racing bike,i dont have any pics yet
and i cant find a lot of information on it although a awful lot of motor bikes seem to come up when i enter the Triumph name which is hardly supersizing,so does anyone know much about this bike,best wishes Brian.

Does it look anything like this?

$_86.JPG

Shaun

Midlife":7lfts9t0 said:
Does it look anything like this?

$_86.JPG

Shaun

Hi yes it does only that looks better than mine lol as my graphics dont look that good but its certainly the same bike, so go on tell me it belongs in a skip ,but i have to say i have rode it early on and i was very impressed,
Do you know anything about the Triumph Tempest 12 speed road racing bike?,best wishes Brian.

Hi, Triumph was a Raleigh owned trademark so the Triumph Tempest would have a Raleigh counterpart most likely which is the pic above....... a Raleigh Tempest:)

Better on the road than in a skip :)

Shaun

Midlife":26ct4l9f said:
Hi, Triumph was a Raleigh owned trademark so the Triumph Tempest would have a Raleigh counterpart most likely which is the pic above....... a Raleigh Tempest:)

Better on the road than in a skip :)

Shaun

Wonderful,thats made my day as i have ordered new tyres, tubes and pedals :D thanks ever so much best wishes Brian.

Brilliant :). I worked for a Raleigh 5 star dealer and the bean counters had every angle covered to sell bikes. Shops, department stores, catalogues etc. I guess you might be to young to remember "Empire Stores" :)

Shaun

Midlife":etoymaba said:
Brilliant :). I worked for a Raleigh 5 star dealer and the bean counters had every angle covered to sell bikes. Shops, department stores, catalogues etc. I guess you might be to young to remember "Empire Stores" :)

Shaun

Hi Shaun and i am afraid i do not remember "Empire Stores" lol although i am 62 yrs old

I still find it a little odd that there is not a lot about the Triumph Tempest 12 speed road racing bike as one would think that good or bad there would be some thing

I did find another person who had one and he, like yourself came to the same conclusion that the Triumph Tempest 12 speed road racing bike and the Raleigh Tempest 12 speed road racing bike were one and the same so i am not alone but his post was seven yrs ago and he did like the bike ,

thanks again best wishes Brian. ps i have another weeks holiday off so i am out and about on my trusty steed after breakfast and only wish my new tires had arrived as although these are ok i would prefer the safety of new ones ,Brian. :D :D :D

Midlife":t5sau0pf said:
I guess you might be to young to remember "Empire Stores" :)

Their main warehouse was just up the road from us and they were also one of my customers.

I was NEVER one of theirs! :D

Re:

I remember the Empire Stores Marathon bike race. I was yoof starting out my cycling "career" and went to watch it on a cold, wet day on the snake pass. I seem to remember it being something like 250 miles from London to Bradford (please correct me here??) and remember a young Sean Kelly riding. There was no bunch - it was a long drawn out affair, individual riders and smallish bunches just plodding it out to the end ... Much like I imagine one of these ultra-audaxes ... eee ... they were hard days

Hi i have just been looking up what Tempest actually means, and it is

Hypernyms ("tempest" is a kind of...):
commotion; disruption; disturbance; flutter; hoo-ha; hoo-hah; hurly burly; kerfuffle; to-do (a disorderly outburst or tumult),

or a Tempest in a Tea pot , so i have came to the conclusion that who ever named this
bike must have had a sense of humor,best wishes Brian. :D :D

Back