A' Lancienne

I'm riding the Trois Lacs on my Walvale this Sunday. Having just looked on the route map I'm a bit worried about gearing too, my lowest is 40x24! Hopefully got enough fitness to grind out the steep bits :)

Does anyone know what the state of the gravel track beside Windermere is like, the rider notes mention taking a spare tyre. I have Veloflex Masters which are relatively lightweight, not sure whether to zip a spare folding tyre under my saddle too just in case?

Re:

I would take a spare tub, the roads around this area are dreadful plus the local council has taken upon itself to tar and chip a lot of the roads this summer. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

kevin clark":10a7238o said:
I would take a spare tub, the roads around this area are dreadful plus the local council has taken upon itself to tar and chip a lot of the roads this summer. :facepalm:

I'm on clinchers so will have a couple of spare tubes, and hearing your advice might stick a folding tyre under the saddle just in case!

As long as your tyres are not perished you shouldn't need a spare I rode the L'eroica on a set of Michelin classic dynamics there were a few off road gravely sections and they held up fine. I don't think the roads in the south lakes are that treacherous about the same up in the North lakes, a lot of chip and tar coverage going on but on the whole a good surface there will be some gravely patches so do be careful.

Back