the wonders of autosol - Knight 70/80s

daysnways

Dirt Disciple
and patience...

13502144_301095743558584_7440130393182820885_n.jpg

13495050_301095766891915_3017779729472467384_n.jpg

very minimal wear, and even that nasty mark on the crank arm is now off with some wet and dry action!

everything is cleaning up lovely, and even the frame may be touch upable as the decals are pretty decent and can't be found elsewhere!

satisfying indeed.

Re:

Good job! It's always nice to restore rather than replace, more original etc.

That Autosol is powerful stuff! :D

(seems to have eaten it's way through your chainring bolts :D )

Re:

HA HA... yup,.... just placed back on for effect.

All the parts are very lightly used, sports a lovely Sun Tour rear mech, rims next to no wear.

The frame looks a bit sorry for itself, I'm assuming it was kept outside a lot but not used much!

Re:

Give the frame a wash and shampoo and then use car polish (not wax) it will work like T Cut on the paint but not so harsh, when it looks all shiny keep it like that using 'Pledge' furniture spray polish, works a treat*

*please bear in mind I live somewhere where it doesn't rain much :D

Re:

great advice, cheers.....sense i need a practical course in portugal though...to really grasp it like... :D

Re:

I think I could start a practical course in fog knitting in Portugal and it would be over subscribed :D

Post pics of your frame after you've cleaned it up and I will put you down on my list of unpaid assistants :D

Re:

rear mech tidy up. Sun Tour v-luxe

CmJdO_VWEAQWNpB.jpg

CmJdRqVWAAArzzq.jpg

and frame so far...

CmJdUSpWAAAcPVu.jpg

some decent size rust spots, once rubbed down a little what can i apply to them before trying my touch up paint?

Re:

for the record how it came originally.

CmJhEGEWEAEAyqE.jpg

CmJhIJCWQAAteMh.jpg

Nice lug detail with what i'm calling the japanes rising sun, as it appears to be mostly decked out in Japanese parts.
CmJhJ7HXIAIdyXP.jpg

has a stamp on the bb shell : K0800

I'm thinking late 70's early 80's, possible 80 considering the frame stamp code?

Wheels are 27 1/4.

I'm only dispensing with the riser bars, as they appeared to be later.

will do a full run down on spec later.

p.s. is there a special tool for removing dust caps?

Back