This morning lesson - can anyone identify this PUG?

drk_peak

Dirt Disciple
Picked this Peugeot up at the weekend, after much scrubbing with a toothbrush and a whole load of degreaser has come up really nice, It's a Peugeot Competition, not sure of year but must be early 80's i would imagine, a mix of Simplex, Mafac and Atax equipment, nice Rolls saddle, Stronglight cranks, 5spd block at the back, Mafac 'Trophy' hubs on Mavic rims. Is it a PKN10? - not seen em in gold.

Thanks

Attachments

• Pug.jpg
    Pug.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 696
That is very nice and from the mid to late 1970's - Wrong!!!! 1980 to 1981

* found it? NO!!! nearly - but not quite - yours is higher quality and wearing 1980 decals

1978_9.jpg

Hey, thanks legrandefromage for that, does look exactly like the Routier although the cable routing is slightly different, it has a metal braze-on along the top of the chainstay, a metal guide under the BB shell and another on top of the BB for the front deraileur, perhaps it's slightly earlier or just in between years, not sure.

Does need some mechanical tweeking, new cables and tubes but seems pretty good to go, might be an ideal steed for the C2C?

Sorry - late to the thread. This is the 1978 ish UK brochure shot of the Routier - lack of brake cable guides but above chainstay rear derailleur cable routing. I'd have yours as '79 or '80..

Looks original (apart from the saddle!).

Paul
Devizes, Wiltshire, UK

Attachments

• Routier.JPG
    Routier.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 537
Ah, cheers Paul, looks about right, I'm pretty happy with it, just replacing a few cables and tubes, give it a proper ride this weekend and see how I get on, not used to friction shifting though!

Think I'm going to stick a rack on the back and ride the way of the roses on it, those Tubus Fly racks look pretty tidy for light touring, not too obtrusive.

Back