Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

I'm after some suggestions for a pair of bars for my Gitane. Currently wearing Cinelli 64/44s, I find the forward reach a bit short, not stretched out enough. Would 66s be much better? Or any other suggestions, other than a longer stem. Think it has a 130 now! Early '90s era

Thanks

Mike

Re:

Won't fit in the stem! :LOL:

Seriously, the saddle won't go back further. It's fine, riding with my hands on the tops, just not enough reach when on the hoods

Re: Far reaching bars

Google Dawes ranger, they had a funky adjustable post.

Re:

Maybe ITM Super Europa bars? More reach with those? Black centre sleeve, and shimmed to go in the black XA stem? :?

Mike

Re:

Thanks Mike,

I'll look into that!

Stem is a bit of a limiting factor,as being French, is slightly smaller in diameter than normal for steerers. Or so it appears
Mike

Re:

I have 3ttt Super Criterium on the Basso, but they are not quite as deep as the two Mike has listed.

You could go back a few decades and fit a 'T' shaped seat post from a tandem setup, cut the front tube off and fit the seat clamp at the rear where the handlebars would normally go.
The other suggestion that you don't want to hear is a larger frame.

raleighinternational":daet78dh said:
You could go back a few decades and fit a 'T' shaped seat post from a tandem setup, cut the front tube off and fit the seat clamp at the rear where the handlebars would normally go.
The other suggestion that you don't want to hear is a larger frame.

Thanks, but it's only the reaches to the hoods that's a bit short. On the tops is fine. Looking for some ITM ergo bars I think. Although clamp size would be too big, a shim would help. Can't use an ITM stem, it wont go down the steerer tube. Being French and 22mm I think. Stand to be corrected on that though.
Don't know how the Cinelli XA one went in. Other than tightly! The ITM400 one I have doesn't want to know

Mimw

Back