Abandoned Harry Quinn

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
See this everyday on my way to work outside my Hove flat.
Has anyone had success gaining possession of an abandoned bike through the local council??? It's a nice looking bike (if you can see through the rusty bits...)

Looks rather like one of the Harry Quinn badged Falcon's to me. If so don't worry yourself too much, not the nicest ride on the planet.

I have no idea how you would gain possession of the bike, but just because it may not be a genuine Harry Quinn doesn't mean it should be left to away it could be an ideal first project for someone

Re:

The more I see it, the more I want it....it would make for a lovely project
Anyway of telling if it's a genuine harry Quinn?
Like the butting?

Re:

A 'real' Quinn will have the frame stamped on the underside of the BB shell. A Walton Road built Quinn will have a Q**** number where the Q is made up of a 0 with 1 struck through it to create the Q.

With those lugs and canti brakes it looks like a proper Quinn, could be after Falcon as he brought his name back

Quinn made some lovely CX frames and I think the UK champ rode a Harry Quinn, maybe even sponsored by him. That's got me thinking now so going to have to Google !

Shaun

I agree with Midlife, it does look right for a genuine Harry Quinn. Though the Q frame number as Finney says will confirm. Much better than one of the far east Frank Clement junk heaps, that he used to import and decal up as Quinns.

It is amazing that nobody has had it away!

Rechecked the pics and looks like a genuine touring type frame and not a cheap jobby. The name I was trying to think of was John Atkins who ride for Quinn and Carlton before that.

Shaun

Back