Raleigh TI TEAM racer full Campagnola im collecting tomorrow

That looks a great find, what do you know about it? I'd say Worksop made about 79/80 at a guess, can't say I've seen that exact model before the fork isn't familiar.

Hi

It's got over the BB cable guides so 100 points straight away :). As do the nutted brakes :)

Forks are not original and the seat stays and what looks like teardrop lug cutouts put it as as Worksop frame.

Is there but a number stamped on the BB?

Shaun

Re:

Looks a good project!

Rear mech' is from the USA! Note the black screw surrounds :roll: Hope that seat post isn't stuck fast in the frame :(

Headset is cheap & nasty!

Does anyone on here think that the 531 decal is too modern for this frame ? Would it have had the numbers set an angle ?

Rear dropouts have mudguard eyelets.

Re:

My workmates has collected the bike for me as he only lives 5 miles away,
So I l get my hands on it on Monday,
I don't really know to much about the bike, only its been collected from the owners house in Hucknall Notinghamshire, it's from the 70's and I believe the chap has owned it from new.

Re: Re:

Ian Raleigh":3q6sx1ul said:
Looks a good project!

Rear mech' is from the USA! Note the black screw surrounds :roll: Hope that seat post isn't stuck fast in the frame :(

Headset is cheap & nasty!

Does anyone on here think that the 531 decal is too modern for this frame ? Would it have had the numbers set an angle ?

Rear dropouts have mudguard eyelets.

Definately something up with the Reynolds transfer. It looks like a 79'ish or earlier bike with an 82+ frame transfer - I also spy an 'S' after the 531... '531ST'?

Frame looks like a Raleigh Competition variant ? Wonder what the frame number is.........

Decal depends on whether the little Ti logo is on it. First appeared 1977.

Shaun

Re:

Hi just got the bike home had a very quick look over it:

The frame number is WD9004792

The reynolds decal reads 531ST

Campagnolo strada 170 crankset,. Campagnolo brake levers, pedals, front/rear mech, seatpost (its stuck at the mo, WD40 doing its stuff fingers crossed) cable guide and brakes, GB handlebars, raleigh stem, Brooks professional seat, Mavic rims

Im in no rush with this one going to take my time

Really pleased with the bike for the price i payed for it
Neil

1979 number from Worksop, the 531 ST decal is a bit of a mystery as ST stands for "Special Touring" (if memory serves) and never appeared on road bikes from Raleigh Carlton.

Lots of Campag stuff so bargain if didn't pay much. Is there anything stamped on the back of the cranks? a number in a diamond?

Cheers

Shaun

Back