Genuine Pinarello?

Rob.j

Retro Newbie
Hi, new to this forum and after a bit of advice.

Watching a vintage Pinarello cyclocross on ebay and trying to find out if genuine or not, I've mailed seller asking if there are any stamps or other details that prove it's the real thing but all he could give me was the frame number.

Frame no. F58K, was this a Pinarello number or not?

I've looked through Google images and can't find a similar model.

Thanks

Re:

Maybe a link to the bike so we can see it would help, did you get a photo of that serial number emailed to you or just the number?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

lovin the thumbshifters bolted onto the end of the bars. Not the done thing, but quite inventive. And they themselves are in demand in the MTB world, so no bad thing

It looks like a converted hybrid/trekking bike rather than a cross bike.

Re:

Hmm, it's difficult to say if it's genuine. That paint scheme and decals look authentic early mid 90s and not really a design you would try and fake. But it doesnt look like a high end model and this could explain the lack of pantographing seat stay end caps etc. TBH I'd struggle to justify its current price and it's hardly a 'genuine' Pinarello even if it's not a fake.

Re:

Thanks for replies.

So overpriced for what it is, I intended to race it so not looking for a perfect bike. Will have to keep on looking.

Back