Quella tyres - any good?

hillmy

Dirt Disciple
I am currently building a single speed and need some wheels. Not so keen on building my own so i've been looking at completes. The problem being that im on a low budget ,as most are :), so i'm looking to spend as little as possible while still getting a decent wheel.
so, any suggestions?
Are these any good? - https://shop.single-speed.co.uk/collect ... -set-creme
thanks
Max
:)

No mention of spokes, so I assume that they are plain gauge - possibly even plain steel and not stainless. The question on the hubs is how good the seals are; they don't look exactly great.

You can pick up a decent secondhand front wheel for £25-30, which would leave you a lot more for a better rear. If you are going singlespeed as opposed to fixed, then a decent rear wheel (126 or 130mm OLN) can be converted with a singlespeed cog and spacers for £15. What size rear spacing do you have?

They look identical to all the other deep V fixie wheels you can get like NoLogo etc and about the same price. Just budget fixie wheels with flip flop hubs, so they'll be quite heavy, not very aero and just generic bearings. Cheap and cheerful but do the job.

Don't know what sort of bike you're building but I've got a pair of wheels for sale at the moment. Alloy rims about 18mm wide on the outside and about 22mm deep, stainless double-butted spokes and Novatec track hubs. Double fixed but nothing stopping you using a freewheel on one side. I've probably got a fixed gear cog I can throw in. Was looking for £60 plus postage - send me a pm if you're interested :)

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

ok, i had a feeling the quella ones were a bit cheap and cheerful lol
i may well take you up on the offer, the bike is a vintage track frame, little to no branding, with 120mm dropouts

Back