Bianchi Columbus 1997 value

SimonRob

Retro Newbie
This I am told is a Bianchi Columbus 1997 racer, my elderly neighbour used to properly race back the day but after some knee ops can sadly no longer ride. Can anyone give me an indication what it might be worth its in mint condition. I said I would try to sell it for him (but if I can convince my wife it would look good on the wall I want to give him a fair price for it). Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 655
If it is late 1990s it may be a Genius tubeset, as a small frame it should be a good ride if that is the case.

If it was built earlier it could be Cromor/Thron then the price will be dictated by the groupset IMO. Do some research on the price of used Campagnola parts (it is Campag isn't it?) and base your value on that.

If it is Genius and the right size for you with a good groupset it must be worth a couple of hundred in mint condition.

If it is Cromor/Thron with a Record groupset I would look to buy cheap and part it out. If less than Record I wouldn't bother, but I got steel Italian road bikes out of my system back in the late 90s!

99% a genius tubeset (looks like there is a light blue Columbus genius sticker on the down tube) so it is a top frame. Chorus groupset maybe? A fine bike anyway.

Back