Eddy Merckx ID 90s

mapei

Dirt Disciple
I Wonder if anyone could help me with a bike a just reacently pisket up:
- steel/frame material sl/SLX or something else?
- colour green yellow and red, accidentially?
- year of production

The rear brake attacment is straight not pointed as many of the EM-bikes. But i guess its a 95/96 Columbus SL.

The "group" is a bit younger than the frame, dura ace + Chorus brakes and stem bearings, cinelli bar, itm quill stem and elite cage. The wheels are wh-6500 - ultegra - kind of cool.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,906
  • image.png
    image.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,907
  • image.png
    image.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,907
  • image.png
    image.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,906
  • image.png
    image.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,902
  • image.png
    image.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,901
  • image.png
    image.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,902
  • image.png
    image.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,901
I can't really make out the numbers on your BB pic but this link will help you out there.
http://www.cadre.org/Merckx/

Similar colour scheme from this 1994 catalogue page.
CCI00000.jpg

Re:

The rear brake "housing" on the Seat stay is pointed on the Corsa in the ad, and the colour scheme is on a TSX.

I havnet found any corsa with the same colour scheme, and no confirmation that this is a SL frame.

Sorry for beeing focused on the details :)

I have seen that colour before on a cyclocross frame, I am sure I have the link somewhere so will try and find it. It might help date it as I can't really make out the numbers on this computer. I have a feeling its late 80's from memory. It does look like a straight Corsa, most likely SL, could be TSX but it should say so somewhere, as with SLX being a Corsa Extra. Will delve into my stuff and get back to you.

Jamiedyer":1hp4k61g said:
I have seen that colour before on a cyclocross frame, I am sure I have the link somewhere so will try and find it. It might help date it as I can't really make out the numbers on this computer. I have a feeling its late 80's from memory. It does look like a straight Corsa, most likely SL, could be TSX but it should say so somewhere, as with SLX being a Corsa Extra. Will delve into my stuff and get back to you.

I have a Merckxtouring/ Cx frame in that colour scheme.....

Re:

Grt tks, IT is a corsa, but after what i understand EM used different steel producers, but probably its a sl. The colour on the other hand i have only seen on this bike

Re: Re:

mapei":3h62v81y said:
Grt tks, IT is a corsa, but after what i understand EM used different steel producers, but probably its a sl. The colour on the other hand i have only seen on this bike

I've seen it on a couple of bikes on eBay: a Corsa Extra and a MX-Leader. I think it's a reasonably standard paint-job.

I have a purple Merckx Corsa Extra, which I hadn't seen the paint on anything else until recently when I spotted a Strada-OS and an Arcobaleno on eBay with the same scheme.

There are quite a few paint schemes but not an infinite number and Merckx made a fair few bikes over the years so you're bound to see one sooner or later, even if it's just on line! :)

A standard Corsa is SL and a Corsa Extra is SLX, hence the X.
The paint scheme is a standard scheme that came in many variations over the years. Its a great machine, ride and enjoy.

Jamie

Back