Unknown set of cogs?

PerB

Old School Hero
The other day I bought a big lump of NOS Shimano Uniglide cogs. Among the Shimano parts I found these cogs. I have no idea what they fit? They seems to be for some kind of cassette system as the diameter of the inner hole seems to smaller than any freewheel I have seen.

brg

Re:

It seems to be a complete set of cogs for a freewheel or cassette, there is also set of distance rings that match the diameter of the hole in the cogs in the lot I bought.

Re:

A back pedal coaster hub of some kind? Maybe Dutch or German .

I have loads of odd cogs like this . Could not even give them away at a jumble :facepalm:

Alsorts from SA , old Cyclo, Villers etc .

have you tried fitting them to a freehub? they're not shimano, but if they are cassette and not freewheel sprockets, then they might fit shimano freehubs?

Suntour new winner

s-l225.jpg

Suntour_cog_types.jpg

Shaun

Re:

I got a tip that the cogs might be Shimano DX BMX cog from early 80's. Correct or not?

Re: Re:

PerB":2edjmfyu said:
I got a tip that the cogs might be Shimano DX BMX cog from early 80's. Correct or not?
I don't think so. Shimano cassette hubs have always used 9 splines, to the best of my knowledge.

Could they be intended for an eight-splined cassette body, like early Campagnolo?

Re:

Thanks for advise, Its not Suntour frewheel cogs, the inner diameter is far to small to fit on the body, That was the first thing I checked actually.

Its not the Shimano BMX cogs either, as said above they are 9 internal tangs on them as other Shimano cogs. (Google is your friend)

Back