New Retro Road Event August Peak District

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I've just posted details of this new event to be held on August 14th in the events section -

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=347547

Looks like a great opportunity for RB members to have a great day out at a reasonable cost. Even in my miserable state of health and fitness I'm considering having a go.

Anyone else likewise?

Now, which bike should I use?

Eany, meany, miny, mo.
Which bike should I take to go?
With me riding, they'll all be slow,
But at least it'll be proper RETRO!

The silence is deafening! Isn't there ANY interest in this? I would have thought it would be an ideal event for us.

The problem for me (and I guess many others) its that it is while I am away on holiday. There is no perfect date, but in school holidays is always going to be tough for parents of school age children.

Re: Re:

widowmaker":panlta9f said:
I am very tempted, give the old Roberts a proper trip out.

Do you know the route well ?
No, I don't but it is a mixture of Peak District country roads and old railway track trails, trying to keep very steep hills out of the equation so that period gearing doesn't overwhelm the riders! I'm sure the organisers would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Re: Re:

Old Ned":3098v52h said:
widowmaker":3098v52h said:
I am very tempted, give the old Roberts a proper trip out.

Do you know the route well ?
No, I don't but it is a mixture of Peak District country roads and old railway track trails, trying to keep very steep hills out of the equation so that period gearing doesn't overwhelm the riders! I'm sure the organisers would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks, I have read the FAQ's and my bike is 1990 so its neither old or new :)

Back